Asset Mining

SONYA LENNON

The Great Hair Guide to Maximising Human Potential


Almost every day, up until the craziness, someone would stop me on the street and says 'I love your hair. On social media, women constantly ask, who cuts it for you?' Who cuts it for me, is only a small part of the story, I enjoy my hair, I know it's one of my assets but it looking good is only part of the story. I have great hair. It's thick, it's naturally (dark) blonde, has a natural wave and has natural bounce and volume. I can say this without arrogance because it's true. I know my hair is good.


My mum has very fine hair, her nickname for herself, all her life, is 'Nine Hairs', she married a man - my father - with thick blond wavy locks that, even beyond his eighty first year, continues to cover his head in feisty golden ropes as though the alternative was never an option.


When myself and my sister entered the world with thick lustrous locks, we were both, in equal measure, a source of delight and eternal playthings to her as she came at us, throughout our childhoods, with tongs, foam rollers, rags and sprays.

I have great hair. But guess what, my genetic legacy is only part of the story, for easy maths, 25% in my estimation.


25% of how my hair is perceived is because of the experts I employ. I sought out the services of and extremely talented cutter and an extremely talented colourist (I said dark blonde). They speak my language, are at the cutting (sorry) edge of fashion and intuitively understand what will work with the natural tendencies of my hair. I need them to do really good work so that I don't have to commit to a high maintenance regime in which I have no interest.


25% of how my hair is perceived is down to finding the right product. Not the most expensive product or the most celebrity endorsed product or the one that always make the top ten lists in Sunday supplements and glossy magazines, sponsored by advertisers in those same publications. I stumbled across it, it's cheap as chips and works for me. What it's called is irrelevant as it may not be right for you. I'm afraid you have to find your own perfect product, often it's just down to trial and error. Or you could ask your expert cutter for advice, if they’re good, they’ll be unbiased and tell you what to use, even if they don’t sell it themselves.

25% of how my hair is perceived is down to how I choose to carry myself once all the previous steps are complete. I am a confident person. I'm far from infallible and abhor arrogance, but I believe in my own worth and the value that I have created in myself over a lifetime of natural aptitude and hard graft. I walk into a room like I mean it. I tend to sport a broad smile as much as possible, mainly because I'm happy. This also disarms and attracts people if your hair is not your natural focal point, by the way.


I have great hair, but only 25% of it was gifted to me by my parental gene pool, the rest, 75%, I brought together to create a picture that is altogether more arresting, so arresting that women stop me in the street to find out who I pay in the service of my great hair.

And why does this matter? It matters because this is the philosophy that has yielded an unbelievable life so far, a life so crammed full of lust and learnings, failures and successes that I vow to remain wide eyed and insatiably curious until I die. The point is, it's not what you've got that counts in this life, it's what you choose to do with it. We all have natural talents and abilities that, when combined with knowledge, experience and supported by the correct skills, often of others, can by moulded into phenomenal strengths. Moreover, these strengths have the power to outweigh and overshadow our weaknesses, shifting the spotlight to an altogether more appealing picture.


During this time when so many of us are gifted with extra time for reflection, ask yourself, what is your natural gift, physically, intellectually, emotionally or spiritually?

How can you feed it and carry it beyond the concept of potential and into the realm of excellence?

What does it need?

Do you have it innately, or must you buy it in?


If you are moving in circles, stuck within your own potential, maybe you're not playing with the full deck. Time to ask the dealer for more cards. And sometimes, to do that we have to put our money down, invest some time and do some work. It's terrifying to think big, to imagine a fuzzy, hazy world of enormous success. We are often our own biggest obstacle. Now, move yourself gently out of the way and reach for the stars.


If you have a question or problem that you would like help with, please hit the request solution button and we'll find people who can help. If you know someone who might benefit from this advice, please do share ANOTHER MOTHER with them.






  • Black Instagram Icon

©2019 by Another Mother

 Proudly created with Wix.com